I’m happy to share my (current) top list of GitHub repositories in the large language model space. Enjoy!
Things you can try right now
- LAION-AI / Open-Assistant – OpenAssistant is a chat-based assistant that understands tasks, can interact with third-party systems, and retrieve information dynamically to do so. This is a true open source alternative to OpenAI – https://open-assistant.io/
- trigaten / Learn_Prompting – This is a free course for anyone who want to learn prompting. I my opinion a crucial skill when working with LLMs. – https://learnprompting.org/
- nomic-ai / gpt4all – Running an open source large language model on your PC or laptop. You don’t need expensive hardware to run LLMs locally. These models cannot compete with gpt. Nevertheless, the community is committed to local models.
- bigscience-workshop / petals – The idea of the project is to connect and share your own hardware with many others to run LLMs at home.
- langchain-ai / langchain – A nice framework for building applications with LLMs.
- ggerganov / llama.cpp – This project helps to run popular LLMs on CPU.